Monday, July 26, 2010

Porsche Panamera

Porsche PanameraImage via Wikipedia
I remember when I first fell in love with the Porsche 928, I was 13 years old and went to visit my dentist Dr. Da’Grosa. When we arrived, there in the parking lot sat a candy apple red Porsche 928 S with gold wheels and it hit me like a ton of bricks. That long nose hid the 5.0-liter 288 HP V8 that propelled the big Porsche to a top speed of over 155 mph. Not much by today’s standards, but in 1985 that was some heavy duty muscle. The 928 is a car that has always been on my automotive bucket list, and something that one day, I will own in the form of a 1995 928 GTS. 
Fast forward 15 years to 2010. Rumors are now circulating that a new 928 successor will make it’s debut in form of the Porsche Panamera GT. It will most likely utilize a shortened version of the Panamera’s already existing platform albiet being a bit shorter and loosing the two rear doors. One cannot deny that the performance levels are simply amazing for a big sedan, the looks however leave something to be desired. Hopefully, if the Panamera GT does see the light of day, Porsche designers will be able to take some of the ugly out of the Panamera’s current styling. Only time will tell I suppose, until then though I think I’ll just be holding out for my now old and antiquated 928 GTS.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment